American Axle is holding a Hiring Event on October 22nd in Detroit for Electronics Product Engineers – Hardware. These are full time, direct hire positions. Hiring managers will be prepared to make offers to candidates that meet their requirements at the end of the interview day. After a phone screen interview qualified candidates will be invited to interview directly with hiring managers and HR on the Hiring Event day.
Be part of a tier-one automotive drive train supplier that delivers power to move the world.
At AAM, we’re looking for associates who push beyond the limits of their imagination to break the boundaries of what exists today to drive solutions for tomorrow.
- Design, debug, and analysis of discrete electronics and embedded microprocessor based controls
- Design, debug, and analysis of power electronics systems
- Production launch (APQP) on existing new business development programs.
- Conducting DV & PV testing, analyzing, and making recommendations / changes based on results.
- Reviewing EMC results and PCB layout reviews for robust ECU releases
- Coordinating supplier activities through purchasing.
- Coordinating design development efforts with global teams for global program support
- Directing test engineers and technicians on specific projects.
- Creating and upkeep of documentation to support production launch with DFMEA, PPAP, and other necessary documents.
- Develop objective evaluations for electronic / electrical sub-systems.
- Minimum 2 years’ electronics hardware design, including product launch experience.
- Experience working with customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated working knowledge of circuit analysis utilizing pSpice or equivalent tools.
- Knowledge of assembly language programming on microprocessors.
- Hands-on experience to construct and debug prototype hardware including soldering and other prototyping techniques.
- Knowledge of mechatronic systems and driveline components
- College degree with a major in Electrical Engineering; advanced EE degree preferred (engineering degree in another discipline may be excepted based on candidate’s overall experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Knowledge of design, development, test engineering, and manufacturing processes.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- Ability to plan and organize effectively.
- Basic computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- OEM / Tier One Automotive hardware design experience
- Knowledge of power electronics design
- Experience with CMMI/ASPICE process development
- Knowledge of system design for AUTOSAR compliance
- Knowledge/Experience with ISO26262
AAM provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, or status as a protected veteran.