Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Xylem is headquartered in Rye Brook, N.Y., with 2012 revenues of $3.8 billion and approximately 12,900 employees worldwide. Xylem was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for the last two years for advancing sustainable business practices and solutions worldwide.
Engineering Leadership Program (ELP), is intended to develop talented engineering leaders within our product and R&D functions through extensive interaction with engineering leaders, hands-on product development, and leadership challenges. Our focus is on developing engineering leaders who will fuel our future technology engine.
While in the program, the engineering internship team members must acquire the skills and abilities needed to lead a design team and to continuously improve our product design activities. With this leadership development focus, ELP team members will be set with higher expectations during and after the program. Deep, diverse experience is critical to the future success of program graduates.
· Morton Grove, IL
· Buffalo, NY
· Auburn, NY
· Seneca Falls, NY
· Dallas, TX
· Lubbock, TX
· Our program starts with a three month summer internships assignment at a site based on project need
· After successful completion of the summer internship, full time job offers are made in the fall to begin the summer of the following year (post-graduation)
· Focus areas include: design, analysis, product testing, model simulation and information systems.
· Offsite leadership training 1-2 Weeks maybe included
· Rotations approved by the Vice President of Global Engineering and the director of Engineering and R&D
· Relocation to the assigned 3 month summer location is provided by Xylem if needed.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (“B” average) or better
· Completion of at least two years of college and currently enrolled in a full-time degree program. (If a Bachelor’s degree has been granted, the student must be enrolled in a Master’s Program).
Minimum Education Requirements
High School or Equivalent
Percent of Travel Required