Merantix transforms how businesses, healthcare organizations, and governments operate by
building products that apply machine intelligence to their enterprise datasets. We acquire datasets
that enable promising products, we incubate those products, and we spin off ventures to support
their growth. We take advantage of three core competencies: Our experience applying machine
learning, our expertise building enterprise partnerships to assemble vast datasets, and our culture
of rapidly iterating to build scalable products.
Our projects are meaningful and diverse:
● We classify land using terabytes of satellite imagery
● We augment diagnoses of chest X-rays
● We auto-generate marketing creatives for e-commerce companies
● We use medical laboratory data to predict the progression of diseases
● We automate and optimize cash collection procedures
● We use augmented reality on mobile devices to detect Alzheimer’s very early
Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, scientists, and engineers from premier universities in
Europe and North America. Many of us have PhD’s and work experience at top tech companies.
We’re based in Europe’s startup capital, Berlin, and are growing quickly!
Merantix is looking for Machine Intelligence Engineers to join our core team to help us develop
impactful applications of machine learning across a range of fields. You will be researching and
prototyping state-of-the-art deep learning models, designing terabyte-scale data pipelines, and
iterating on building and analyzing products to uncover scalable businesses. We deploy to Google
Cloud Platform, leveraging Tensorflow, Apache Beam, Google Cloud ML, and Docker.
We define ourselves by a culture of friendship and ownership. We’re looking for capable, driven,
and thoughtful women and men to add to our vision.
● BA/BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
● Exceptional competence in 2 of the following and a demonstrated interest in the other:
Applied machine learning, software engineering, and product development
● Excellent technical and analytical problem-solving skills
● Entrepreneurial mindset: Creative, focused, and not easily discouraged
● MS or PhD in computer science, machine learning, or related technical field
● Significant industry experience working with machine learning frameworks, large-scale data
processing systems, or cloud infrastructure
● Significant industry experience developing enterprise or data products
● Strong background in (deep) machine learning or computer vision
Merantix GmbH, Friedrichstr. 68, DE-10117 Berlin