It was invented by Arab inventor named Hassan Al Rammah between 1270 and 1280, who worked in Syria after the Mongol destruction of Baghdad. He wrote a treatise on gunpowder and rockets called “The Book of Military Horsemanship and Ingenious War Devices”. This book included more than 100 recipes for gunpowder, as 22 of them could be used as rocket fuel. Experts state that at least one of these recipes is extremely close to the modern ideal mix for gunpowder. Al Rammah also designed an early torpedo, probably the first of its kind. Soon after the book was written, he […]
- What Happens When A Plane Is Struck By Lightning?
- Four Bikes You Have to See !
- Bizarre Inventions That Never Made It
- Longest glass bridge in the world will open in China
- Top 10 Modern European Aqueducts
- G-Cans: World’s Largest Flood-Prevention Complex
- Front-wheel Drive Motorcycle
- Vortex bladeless turbines generate energy through wobbling
- World’s Most Efficient Solar Energy System Is Based On 19th-Century Technology
- The Lily Camera Drone Follows You Around To Capture Your Best Moments
- The Pepper Hacker Blocks Wi-Fi To Spice Up Dinnertime
- Heaven-Linking Avenue Is The Most Beautiful And Dangerous Road In China
- Dutch Solaroad Is More Productive Than Expected
- Volkswagen’s Car Towers at Autostadt in Wolfsburg, Germany
- Hydaway: A Water Bottle That Folds Down To Fit Your Pocket