It was invented by Arab inventor named Hassan Al Rammah between 1270 and 1280, who worked in Syria after the Mongol destruction of Baghdad. He wrote a treatise on gunpowder and rockets called “The Book of Military Horsemanship and Ingenious War Devices”. This book included more than 100 recipes for gunpowder, as 22 of them could be used as rocket fuel. Experts state that at least one of these recipes is extremely close to the modern ideal mix for gunpowder. Al Rammah also designed an early torpedo, probably the first of its kind. Soon after the book was written, he […]
- 3-D Printed Nano-Sculptures Will Blow Your Mind
- The 7 Most Exciting Moments in Science
- The World’s ‘Smallest’ Movie… Made With Atoms
- Watch scientist climb the wall like Spider-man in gecko inspired gloves
- German inventor creates his own James Bond laser watch
- Could this chair revolutionise airplane seating?
- Charge your device using your belt with new wearable tech
- Top 10 stunning computer generated landscapes
- Japan’s maglev train just took its first passengers… at 500 kmh!
- Top 10 most unique and unusual small homes
- The GRIT Freedom Chair offers affordable wheelchair mountain biking
- Turn the engine of a Kia Sportage into a Mustang V8 with SoundRacer VX
- Fontus self filling water bottle makes water from thin air
- Autonomous ‘Robocops’ go on patrol in Silicon Valley
- 5 of the most expensive and iconic motor cars of all time