The future got one step closer to the real world when Rheinmetall tested their new 50kw laser weapon. This happened in November, 2012, in Switzerland at the Ochsenboden Proving Ground. The new weapon was tested against several targets in order to display the improvements over the previous 10kw version. The Rheinmetall laser is a pair of two laser modules mounted on Oerlikon Revolver Gun air defense turrets with additional power supply modules. The 30 kW and 20 kW laser weapons are focused on a single target by the Rheinmetall’s Beam Superimposing Technology (BST) . This provides the power of a single 50 kW […]
- Watch: F1 transporter jumps speeding Lotus F1 car in epic world-record stunt!
- Ostrich inspired Bionic Boots let you run at up to 25 mph
- The 7 Most Exciting Moments in Science
- Watch scientist climb the wall like Spider-man in gecko inspired gloves
- The World’s ‘Smallest’ Movie… Made With Atoms
- German inventor creates his own James Bond laser watch
- Top 10 stunning computer generated landscapes
- Charge your device using your belt with new wearable tech
- The unpowered Fortis exoskeleton lets you lift heavy tools indefinitely
- Japan’s maglev train just took its first passengers… at 500 kmh!
- Turn the engine of a Kia Sportage into a Mustang V8 with SoundRacer VX
- 3-D Printed Nano-Sculptures Will Blow Your Mind
- Autonomous ‘Robocops’ go on patrol in Silicon Valley
- Mercedes want driving to be a relaxing experience in autonomous cars
- 25 images that will change your perspective on your existence