Exists officially from September 15, 1922, but in 2006 is housed in a new building which is the subject of this article. The building is located in Minsk and is rhombicuboctahedron. It is 72 meters tall with 22 floors and provides space for 2,000 readers, and also has a conference hall with 500 seats. Viktor Kramarenko and Mikhail Vinogradov are architects of the building, which opened doors on 16 June 2006. Besides functioning as a full spectrum library, the National Library is also and a city attraction, as the area in front of it is used for concerts and public […]
- 3-D Printed Nano-Sculptures Will Blow Your Mind
- The 7 Most Exciting Moments in Science
- The World’s ‘Smallest’ Movie… Made With Atoms
- Watch scientist climb the wall like Spider-man in gecko inspired gloves
- German inventor creates his own James Bond laser watch
- Could this chair revolutionise airplane seating?
- Charge your device using your belt with new wearable tech
- Japan’s maglev train just took its first passengers… at 500 kmh!
- Top 10 stunning computer generated landscapes
- Top 10 most unique and unusual small homes
- The GRIT Freedom Chair offers affordable wheelchair mountain biking
- Fontus self filling water bottle makes water from thin air
- Autonomous ‘Robocops’ go on patrol in Silicon Valley
- 5 of the most expensive and iconic motor cars of all time
- 10 of the silliest inventions people came up with (or are they?)