The “Orion” Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV) is a planned beyond-low-earth-orbit manned spacecraft that is being built by Lockheed Martin for NASA based on designs and tests already completed as part of the now-cancelled Constellation program, development for which began in 2005 as the Crew Exploration Vehicle. Orion was developed to serve continuous (up to 6 months) space missions. At the beginning his purpose was to explore the moon, after that he was supposed to observe asteroids, and finally it is expected to carry humans to Mars. The spacecraft will be launched to space by the Space Launch System, which is, […]
- 3-D Printed Nano-Sculptures Will Blow Your Mind
- 15 things you need in your dream home
- Top 10 most unique and unusual small homes
- Fontus self filling water bottle makes water from thin air
- The 7 Most Exciting Moments in Science
- The World’s ‘Smallest’ Movie… Made With Atoms
- Could this chair revolutionise airplane seating?
- This laser can project 3-D display in mid-air during daylight
- Watch scientist climb the wall like Spider-man in gecko inspired gloves
- 747 in Stockholm converted into a hostel
- Charge your device using your belt with new wearable tech
- Japan’s maglev train just took its first passengers… at 500 kmh!
- Wide Path Camper is the ultimate in lightweight caravans for two
- The GRIT Freedom Chair offers affordable wheelchair mountain biking
- The Origami based umbrella that will right itself after being blown inside out