The “Orion” Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV) is a planned beyond-low-earth-orbit manned spacecraft that is being built by Lockheed Martin for NASA based on designs and tests already completed as part of the now-cancelled Constellation program, development for which began in 2005 as the Crew Exploration Vehicle. Orion was developed to serve continuous (up to 6 months) space missions. At the beginning his purpose was to explore the moon, after that he was supposed to observe asteroids, and finally it is expected to carry humans to Mars. The spacecraft will be launched to space by the Space Launch System, which is, […]
- Ostrich inspired Bionic Boots let you run at up to 25 mph
- Watch: F1 transporter jumps speeding Lotus F1 car in epic world-record stunt!
- The 7 Most Exciting Moments in Science
- The World’s ‘Smallest’ Movie… Made With Atoms
- Watch scientist climb the wall like Spider-man in gecko inspired gloves
- German inventor creates his own James Bond laser watch
- 3-D Printed Nano-Sculptures Will Blow Your Mind
- Top 10 stunning computer generated landscapes
- Charge your device using your belt with new wearable tech
- Japan’s maglev train just took its first passengers… at 500 kmh!
- Turn the engine of a Kia Sportage into a Mustang V8 with SoundRacer VX
- The GRIT Freedom Chair offers affordable wheelchair mountain biking
- Autonomous ‘Robocops’ go on patrol in Silicon Valley
- The unpowered Fortis exoskeleton lets you lift heavy tools indefinitely
- 10 of the silliest inventions people came up with (or are they?)