The future got one step closer to the real world when Rheinmetall tested their new 50kw laser weapon. This happened in November, 2012, in Switzerland at the Ochsenboden Proving Ground. The new weapon was tested against several targets in order to display the improvements over the previous 10kw version. The Rheinmetall laser is a pair of two laser modules mounted on Oerlikon Revolver Gun air defense turrets with additional power supply modules. The 30 kW and 20 kW laser weapons are focused on a single target by the Rheinmetall’s Beam Superimposing Technology (BST) . This provides the power of a single 50 kW […]
- This irrigation pump needs no fuel to run, Find out how!
- Flight MH370: How researchers uncovered what happened
- This hair dryer art installation will blow your mind
- Air-conditioned clothes designed in Japan to beat heat
- Hadrian bricklaying robot can lay 1,000 bricks in one hour
- $2.3 million Vulcan hypercar may be next Aston Martin for Bond
- Transform your empty Coca Cola bottles with 16 cool caps
- Old Lady House turns out to be a masterpiece shipping container modern home
- Students create hydroceramic wall that could replace the use of air conditioners
- Man killed by robot when working at Volkswagen in Germany
- Top 10 latest technological innovations
- Kingii – An Answer to Drowning Deaths
- LucidPipe – Truly Elegant Water to Wire Generators
- Toyota takes Tacoma pickup and Sienna minivan and turns them into the Ultimate Utility Vehicle
- Redesigned Bubble Wrap doesn’t pop!