The future got one step closer to the real world when Rheinmetall tested their new 50kw laser weapon. This happened in November, 2012, in Switzerland at the Ochsenboden Proving Ground. The new weapon was tested against several targets in order to display the improvements over the previous 10kw version. The Rheinmetall laser is a pair of two laser modules mounted on Oerlikon Revolver Gun air defense turrets with additional power supply modules. The 30 kW and 20 kW laser weapons are focused on a single target by the Rheinmetall’s Beam Superimposing Technology (BST) . This provides the power of a single 50 kW […]
- 3-D Printed Nano-Sculptures Will Blow Your Mind
- Top 10 most unique and unusual small homes
- The 7 Most Exciting Moments in Science
- The World’s ‘Smallest’ Movie… Made With Atoms
- Could this chair revolutionise airplane seating?
- Watch scientist climb the wall like Spider-man in gecko inspired gloves
- German inventor creates his own James Bond laser watch
- 747 in Stockholm converted into a hostel
- Charge your device using your belt with new wearable tech
- 15 things you need in your dream home
- Japan’s maglev train just took its first passengers… at 500 kmh!
- Fontus self filling water bottle makes water from thin air
- Top 10 stunning computer generated landscapes
- The GRIT Freedom Chair offers affordable wheelchair mountain biking
- Wide Path Camper is the ultimate in lightweight caravans for two