We all get very excited about our new gifts during Christmas time but sometimes unfortunate incidents happen. This was the case for one young boy from Georgia U.S.A.
Rushed to the hospital
It turns out this 7-year-old boy had to be rushed to the hospital after swallowing his Christmas gift. What could it have been for him to swallow? Perhaps some jelly beans or gummy bears? No, it was Apple Airpods.
Kiara Stroud revealed to WSB-TV Atlanta that her son was holding the Apple Airpod in his mouth by the long part when he accidentally swallowed it. The doctors at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egelston took an X-ray where the Airpod could clearly be seen.
“We actually saw it because it has metal in it, so we could see it in the X-ray and I’m like, ‘This boy really swallowed his AirPod!’” Stroud told WSB-Atlanta.
However, the doctors told Stroud there was nothing they could do and she would just have to wait a few days for it to pass through his system on his own. Although everything was going to be okay, Stroud's son was still fearful.
The young boy was nervous because the Airpods had been connected to his phone when he swallowed one of them.
“He was like, ‘Mom. I don’t want my phone,’ because he got a phone for Christmas as well, and he’s like, ‘I don’t want to be near my phone. I don’t want it to connect to my phone and start playing music.’ I’m like, ‘Oh my God.’ He’s a crazy kid,” Stroud told WSB-Atlanta.
The story should come as a warning to parents with young kids. Perhaps certain gifts are best reserved for those that are a bit older. Still, in the end, all is well that ends well.