The city of Perth in Australia has captured the title of home of the world’s most beautiful sporting facility. Named Optus Stadium, the modern design and innovation used in the construction of the 60,000-seat sporting venue earned it the coveted Prix Versailles for Sports award.
This sporty architectural gem is located in the Western Australian city’s Burswood suburb. Completed in late 2017, the $1.6 billion facility is mainly used for cricket and Australian rules football.
In 2018, the Optus Stadium hosted more than two million sports fans and hosted 43 major events.
The runners up for this year’s Prix Versailles for Sports award were as follows:
- Optus Stadium—Perth, Australia (winner)
- Hangzhou Sports Park Stadium—Hangzhou, China
- Édgar Rentería Stadium —Barranquilla, Colombia
- Louis Armstrong Stadium—New York, NY
- Al-Najaf Stadium—Najaf, Iraq
- Luzhniki Stadium—Moscow, Russia