Doctors Found Four Live Bees Living Inside Woman's Tear Ducts
A woman in Taiwan has been discovered to have four live bees living inside her tear ducts. The 29-year old visited the emergency room of her local hospital with an assumed eye infection but was horrified to discover her swollen eye was caused by living creatures.
RELATED: GLOBAL INSECT NUMBERS IN CATASTROPHIC DECLINE WARNS NEW STUDY
The woman who is being referred to by her surname, He, was reportedly tending the grave of her father when she felt something fly into her eye. Suspecting it was dirt that flew up during her weeding she washed her eye and continued her day. During the night her eye began to swell and she felt some stinging.
The story keeps giving..— Rafael Epstein (@Raf_Epstein) April 10, 2019
Look at the TV pics from Taiwan.. these are not small bees. https://t.co/BvFzsjMjFy pic.twitter.com/maaKUCC9uq
Feasting on tears
The doctor treating her at the hospital inspected her eye under a microscope where he was surprised to see what looked like insect legs poking out from her tear ducts. The calm specialist then used tweezers to pull on the legs revealing not one, but four live bees who were apparently feasting on the woman's tears.
The bees known as Halictidae or sweat bees are attracted to the salt in human perspiration and now it seems tears too. The doctor who performed what is through to be the world’s first live salt bee extraction says the woman would have been at risk of damaging her eyesight if she had rubbed her eyes.
The bees which are usually found in mountainous regions are not aggressive and generally only sting when attacked. Images of the bees have been shared by local media and show the bees to be not insignificant in size. While this was a case of a close call there has been several instances throughout history when humans have unexpectedly become host to a smaller creature.
In 2013 Paul Franklin fell and skinned his knee while on a beach holiday with his family. Thinking nothing of it Paul was given a bandaid and a hug. But a week later the cut was intensely infected prompting Paul's doctor to prescribe antibiotics for a suspected staph infection. When the medicine proved ineffective Paul's mother resorted to old fashioned techniques and squeezed the infected area.
To everyone's surprise a living sea snail popped out. Paul reportedly adopted the over friendly snail, naming him Turbo.
Other frightening experiences include several different types of sea creatures entering male uretheas. In one bizarre case a 14 year old boy was cleaning his fish tank when he needed to urgently urinate.
Without removing the fish from his hand the boy began the act but was shocked to see his tiny pet fish enter his penis. It wasn't until he was in extreme pain and unable to pee that he owned up to the weird event.
Another bizarre animal and penis story involved a 56 year old male in England who paid to have tiny eels nibble the dead skin off his body at his local alternative beauty clinic. The treatment was going well until the man felt a strong tugging on his penis, looking down he saw one of the adventurous eels heading up his shaft. Despite attempts to get it out the eels disappeared out of sight. After three hours of surgery the 6 inch long eel was finally removed.
Scientists find ancient tree roots flooded oceans with excess nutrients, triggering mass extinction of life. Could today's human activity cause the same?