LocationUS, UK, BRASIL, MEXICO
Who we are?
Interesting Engineering (“IE”) is a leading, global digital media publisher that covers technology, engineering, and science news. We deliver the most futuristic and cutting-edge developments in these areas to our readers and followers on social media through articles and videos.
IE’s fast-paced and collaborative international work environment celebrates quality and ethical journalism. The team includes a diverse group of infinitely curious individuals from all around the world who share a joint passion for sharing the latest and the most important info with the world, as we believe knowledge is power.
We are looking for a News Editor who reports to the Managing Editor. You will work with our editorial team to write and edit stories, help shape packaging, and help meet their overall development goals. While the editor will work remotely with the team, preference will be given to candidates based in the state of US, Brasil and Mexico.
The ideal candidate can reliably produce bright, immensely readable copy that makes even the most complex ideas feel accessible, memorable, and shareable. This person is a grammar enthusiast, is unflappable in the sometimes pressurized environment of writing about developing stories, and prides themselves on a curiosity that results in stories with depth and detail while preserving newsy brevity.
- Write daily news articles between 400 and 600 words.
- Produce longer-form features with original reporting.
- Help identify the biggest trends and upcoming stories that we should cover, working with a team of writers to bring ideas to life.
- Produce and edit error-free stories.
- One to two years of journalism experience at a digital media outlet
- Familiarity with a CMS.
- A demonstrated interest in reporting on technology, engineering, and science, among other topics.
- A quick and reliable communicator.
- An eagerness to learn and improve their craft in a supportive environment.
IE is dedicated to supporting its diverse and inclusive staff. IE urges women, people of color, armed forces veterans, people with disabilities, and gender-nonconforming people to apply. IE does not discriminate based on sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, affectional choice, or gender identity. We recognize a person’s unique experiences as points of strength and welcome them as teammates on our team, working in service of the mission to explore and report on engineering, in whatever form it takes.