Editor-in-Chief at Interesting Engineering
Interesting Engineering is looking for an Editor-in-Chief to run our newsroom and video operations.
Interesting Engineering (IE) is a cutting edge, leading global publisher catering to all lovers of engineering, technology, and science.
The Editor-in-Chief will work with IE’s leadership to set a thorough global editorial vision and lead the editorial team to make it a reality.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has solid experience in a similar role
- Truly understands the science and technology landscape
- Is in sync with our audience (exceeding 15M on social media) and can create videos and stories that have a far reach
- Respects editorial boundaries and principles and can make tough calls to always keep the brand name of Interesting Engineering a priority
- Works well with others in an international setting and can bring out the best in our team
- Is deadline-driven and loves taking responsibility
- Thrives in Digital Journalism
- A charismatic and visionary leader who is able to inspire and guide the team to deliver excellent results
- Has a strong, demonstrable interest in science, technology, and engineering
What you will do:
- Lead a passionate team and bring them together for one goal: bringing all the science and technology stories the IE audience desires
- Ensure no story is left behind as every story matters, but also know when to leave things out
- Ensure every article and video published is up to IE’s standards
- Inspire the best in our team by pushing them to give their all and excel at all tasks they undertake
- Promote and mentor internal talent while recognizing appropriate external talent
- Make sure IE’s editorial calendar is implemented accurately
- Always ensure that IE’s voice is maintained across all articles and videos
If that sounds like you, please send us a resume. We would love to hear from you.