Senior Writer (Video)
Interesting Engineering uses innovative storytelling to highlight the inner workings of the latest scientific breakthroughs, technological innovations, and more. We don’t just cover the news -- we uncover the mechanisms that made these developments possible.
We’re looking for a talented writer who can generate engaging, original content and help scale our video operations. Primary responsibilities will include pitching ideas, researching and writing video scripts, packaging content, and helping establish and set best practices for video writers.
- Content production: Research, pitch, and write thoughtful, engaging video content on a regular cadence
- Content optimization: Help package all video content for search, social, and the website. Write enticing headlines and descriptions, select featured images, and write short articles to accompany select videos
- Strategy development: Research and pitch new video formats for specific social platforms, monitor analytics to identify trends, and assist with developing/executing AB tests
- Best practices: Research best practices and create writing guides, how-tos, and other documents for freelance and internal video writers.
- Min. 3 years of experience, preferably at a news or creative agency
- Fluent in English
- Excellent writer and storyteller
- Good news/topic hunting skills -- ability to develop unique angles a must
- Experience with all major social platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin)
- Demonstrated ability to research a topic thoroughly with a focus on proper fact-checking and scientific integrity
- General knowledge of SEO
- Passionate about science and technology
- Ability to research and keep pace with best practices across all relevant areas (scriptwriting, headlining, SEO, social media, etc.)
You can share your CV and cover letter via email@example.com.