UI / UX / Graphic Designer
Founded on the core mission of connecting like-minded engineers around the globe, Interesting Engineering is a leading community with more than 15 million followers. Every day, we share a new idea, an inspiring thought, an upcoming technology, or an engineering breakthrough that will change the way you think about technology and engineering in today’s world and in the near future. Our top priority is to create the most engaging, entertaining, and futuristic content for our followers and readers.
We are looking for a UI / UX / Graphic Designer, based in Levent, Istanbul.
You will be responsible for building a clean and effective user experience for our audience. Working cross-functionally, you will understand the needs of the product management, engineering, and business stakeholders and will be able to build solutions that fit those needs. You will support the team in conceptualizing, visualizing, prototyping, and communicating design ideas for the product development process.
If You Have
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or a related field of study,
- Design experience on mobile platforms,
- In-depth knowledge of UI/UX principles,
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX design,
- Proficiency in visual design and wireframing tools,
- Attention for details and love for typography and color,
- Expertise in standard design tools, such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Figma,
- Excellent command of English,
- Startup mindset,
- Global perspective,
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision,
- Motivation and problem solving skills,
- Create new sites and components, explore interactions.
- Evaluate existing designs according to recognized design principles and propose alternative solutions where designs could be improved.
- Develop and maintain a style guide and design principles.
- Create user-oriented designs by considering user feedback.
- Set up clear call-to-action buttons, icons, widgets, and other UI elements.
- Conceptualize designs and visual prototypes that bring simplicity and User - friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Develop visual concepts and ideas for the products.
- Work closely with product management and front-end developers.
- Actively follow up on the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Research and react to trending topics.
- Determine all the visuals to be used and adapt them to the appropriate format.