Land Development Engineer
LPR International is looking for an active, well-experienced Land Development Engineer to support their client in Silver Spring, MD.
- Preparing site and subdivision plans for residential, commercial and industrial projects in Anne Arundel County, Montgomery County or Prince George’s Counties. Plans will include storm water management, storm sewer plans and profiles, outfall analysis, sanitary sewer plans and profiles, water line plans and profiles, water network analysis, public street design, erosion and sediment control plans, fire lane plans, pavement designs, pavement striping and signage plans, maintenance of traffic plans, bond estimates and bond reductions.
- Helping clients with bonding and permitting procedures.
- Assisting different departments of the company with the preparation of re-zonings, infill lot grading plans and preliminary plats.
- Being in touch with County staff, clients, members of the public and elected and appointed officials. There may be night meetings which you should attend.
- Involving with associations and organizations related to the industry will be expected.
- And other various relevant duties as assigned.
- Must have good command of AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Must have written and oral communication skills ahead of the curve.
- Must have organizational and time management skills for projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Maryland land development engineering is a must.
- P.E. license is preferred.
- Experience in Anne Arundel, Montgomery or Prince Georges County is preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to stoop, reach, bend, twist and carry equipment.
- Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to employ hand dexterity in the use of equipment.
- Ability to travel and work at construction sites where duties are performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, or uncomfortable areas.
- Ability to handle moderate-loud noises typical of an office or industrial setting.
- Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more.
All applicants requiring alternative methods of application or screening should contact LPR International directly.
LPR International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, military discharge status, criminal records that have been sealed or expunged, arrest records not resulting in conviction or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and/or local law.