Sr. Land Survey Technician
LPR International is looking for a Senior Land Survey Technician to support their client in Silver Spring, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Construction Stakeout Computations (Storm Drain, Curb and Gutter, and Water and Sewer).
- As-Built Surveys (WSSC water and sewer).
- Topographical Surveys (plotting topo, creating surfaces).
- And any other relevant duties that may be given.
- Min. 4 years of experience in conducting surveys in the field and 4 years of experience working in the office
- Must have command of AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to process field data, including least squares traverse adjustment and importing points into CAD
- Must have good quantitative skills
- Good communication skills are a must
- Must be able to understand architectural and structural drawings
- Must be able to pick grades from either utility profiles and plans, structure schedules, interpolating between contours, or from surfaces
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Montgomery or Prince Georges County preferred
- Registration is preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, reach, bend, twist and carry equipment.
- Ability to lift up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Ability to employ hand dexterity in the use of equipment.
- Ability to work at construction sites where duties are performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, or uncomfortable areas.
- Ability to handle moderate-loud noises typical of an office or industrial setting.
- Clarity of vision at 20 feet (6m) or more.
All applicants requiring alternative methods of application or screening should contact LPR International directly.
LPR International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran, military discharge status, criminal records that have been sealed or expunged, arrest records not resulting in conviction or any other characteristic protected by federal, state and/or local law.