This is a new opportunity to join an expanding team of professional engineers within the Technical Services, Energy department at L&Q. This important position will provide the successful candidate a real opportunity to make a difference; further developing the L&Q standards regarding excellence in an environment that embraces improvement.
Essential skill requirements:
- A relevant degree or the equivalent level of experience in a relevant subject area - e.g. Building Services Engineering.
- Full understanding of design processes (RIBA Stages).
- Extensive experience of the requirements for commissioning communal and district heating systems incorporating, gas boilers, CHP units, biomass boilers, building management systems and metering systems.
- Experience of working with M&E contractors and managing third parties during the commissioning process.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant standards and codes; CIBSE, BSRIA, RIBA and British and European standards, and relevant legislation, including CDM2015, DSEAR etc.
- A proactive and creative approach to problem solving.
- The ability to use IT communications systems.