What's new for 2020 on Netflix for science and tech lovers?
If you are one of the millions of Netflix subscribers from around the world, here's some of the best stuff coming to a screen near you in 2020.
Science and tech TV shows and movies coming to Netflix in 2020
For science and tech lovers, here are some of the newest TV shows and movies to look out for in 2020.
- Rick and Morty - A longstanding favorite for any science and tech fan, the new series of Rick and Morty should be another good one.
- Lost in Space - Like it or not, "Lost in Space" is an ambitious and action-packed science-fiction series. The latest season should be another great one for fans.
- Pacific Rim: Uprising - The latest installment of the Pacific Rim franchise, "Uprising" sees a new generation of Jaeger pilots battle it out with visitors from another dimension. If you like a bit of escapism and not have to think too much about the plot, this film is perfect for turning your brain off for a few hours.
- Steve Jobs - Follow the stellar career trajectory of one of the tech industries' most hated and loved figures, Steve Jobs. IF you haven't been able to watch this film yet you now have your chance on Netflix.
- Inception- Inception finally comes to Netflix in 2020. The film centers around a corporate secrets thief who is tasked with planting a new idea into a CEO's head using advanced dream-sharing technology.
Science and tech documentaries coming to Netflix in 2020
Here are some of the best science and tech documentaries to watch on Netflix in 2020.
- The Perfect Weapon - This HBO special uncovers the state of cyber warfare as the 2020 U.S. elections approach. It is based on the book of the same title by the New York Times correspondent David E. Sanger. This docu-film chronicles "the rise of cyber conflict as the primary way nations now compete and sabotage each other."
- Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak - This new documentary is set for release in January 2020. The docu-series follows the heroes on the front lines of the battle against influenza. It also reveals how they are battling to stop the next global outbreak.
What's new for 2020 on Amazon Prime for science and tech lovers?
If you are more of an Amazon Prime kind of person, here are some of the best offerings in 2020.
Science and tech TV shows and movies coming to Amazon Prime in 2020
2020 appears to be shaping up to be the "year of Star Trek" for Amazon's streaming service. But there are also some other interesting shows and movies for science and tech lovers on the way.
Some of the most notable additions this year include, but are not limited to:
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The first of the highly popular Star Trek film franchise, this 1979 film is an absolute sci-fi classic. "When an alien spacecraft of enormous power is spotted approaching Earth, Admiral James T. Kirk resumes command of the overhauled USS Enterprise in order to intercept it." - IMDB.
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - The second of the highly successful and popular Star Trek film franchise, "The Wrath of Khan" is another absolute classic. "With the assistance of the Enterprise crew, Admiral Kirk must stop an old nemesis, Khan Noonien Singh, from using the life-generating Genesis Device as the ultimate weapon." - IMDB.
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock - "The Search for Spock" is yet another heavy-hitting member of the Star Trek film franchise. Kirk and crew risk their careers by stealing a decommissioned Enterprise to return to the restricted Genesis Planet to recover Mr. Spocks' body.
- Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - "The Final Frontier" sees Captain Kirk and the Enterprise crew deal with Mr. Spock's long-lost half-brother who hijacks the Enterprise for his personal crusade to find God at the center of the galaxy.
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - In the 6th installment of the Star Trek films series, Kirk and McCoy are tasked with assassinating the Klingon High Chancellor. The plan fails and the Enterprise crew attempts a daring rescue mission.
- Star Trek: Insurrection - This 1998 Star Trek film sees the crew of the Enterprise learn of a Federation conspiracy against the inhabitants of a unique planet. In response, Captain Picard helps start an open rebellion.
- Star Trek: Picard (on CBS All Access) - This 10 episode series is set for release this month on Amazon. No plot details have been released but it is supposed to follow-up from the original TNG series.
Science and tech documentaries coming to Amazon Prime in 2020
Here are some of the best science and tech documentaries to watch on Amazon Prime in 2020.
- Octopus: Making Contact - A PBS production, this documentary is perfect for all octopus fans.
- Nature: The Serengeti Rules - Yet another PBS production, this documentary is simply perfect for any fan of the natural world.
- Frontline: In the Age of AI - This documentary examines the promises and perils of AI.
- The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley - Produced by HBO, this documentary uncovers the cutthroat nature of Silicon Valley.
- NOVA: Look Who's Driving- This NOVA production explores the technology behind self-driving cars.
What's new in 2020 on Hulu for science and tech lovers?
For those Hulu fans out there, here are some great new goodies coming in 2020.
Science and tech TV shows and movies coming to Hulu in 2020
Here are some of the best science and tech TV shows and movies to watch on Hulu in 2020.
- Honeyland - This great little film tells the story of the last female bee-hunter in Europe who must save the bees to return the natural balance. Her plans are threatened by a family of nomadic beekeepers who invade her land threaten her livelihood.
- Pi - This classic 1998 film sees a paranoid mathematician who spends their life searching for the key number that will unlock the universal patterns found in nature.
- All the Star Trek films - Hulu subscribers also get access to the back catalog of amazing Star Trek films in 2020.
- Spaceballs (STARZ premium) - If you have never seen this amazing parody of Star Wars you really need to get your priorities sorted. With it now on Hulu you really have no excuse not to watch it immediately!
- The Aviator (STARZ premium) -This biopic tracks the life and times of one of the most influential and important aircraft designers of all time -- Howard Hughes. It covers his life from the late 1920s to the mid-1940s.
Science and tech documentaries coming to Hulu in 2020
Here are some of the best science and tech documentaries to watch on Hulu in 2020.
- Butterfly Girl - This 2014 documentary tells the story of Abigail Evans whose life is threatened by a rare skin disease.
- Apollo 11 - This 2019 documentary tracks the story behind one of mankind's greatest technological achievements. It was filmed to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing.
- Greta - Hero to some and an annoying, whiny teenager to others, Greta Thunberg has certainly created some waves in 2019. A new documentary has been announced about her life and is set for release sometime in 2020.