Effective Date: August 4, 2023
- Information Collection and Purpose
- Use of Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Storing and Processing of Information
- Communication with Users
- Data Retention
- Opting Out of Communications
- Internet and Other Websites Information
- Offensive or Inappropriate Content
- Registration of Information
- Legal Disclaimer
- Data Protection Officer
- Your EU/UK Privacy Rights
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Contact Us
1. Information Collection and Purpose:
We may collect two types of information: personally identifiable information (“PII”) and information that is not personally identifiable (“Non PII”). We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide when you visit our Sites.
A. What PII Do We Collect?
- During registration, we collect personal information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We also collect your IP address and/or mobile device identification, which certain jurisdictions consider to be PII because it could be used to identify an individual or device if it were combined with other identifying information.
- When users send us questions or comments via e-mail, we may collect their information. This information will only be used to contact the user and respond to their inquiry or issue. Sending us an e-mail does not automatically enroll you in our email list unless you explicitly request it.
- For purchases made on our Website, a third-party payment processor (such as PayPal) may collect your name, email address, postal address, contact details and credit or debit card information. This information will be stored and processed in the United States and other countries in compliance with our data usage and storage practices.
- For participants in our referral program, personal information may be collected directly by or shared with third parties solely for program operating purposes. The categories of personal information collected may include your name, email address, postal address, contact details. This information, once collected, will be stored and processed in the United States.
- We employ industry-recognized security safeguards, including site monitoring, secured networks and servers, firewalls and encryption, to safeguard your personal information. However, it is important to note that no transmission over the Internet is entirely secure, and while we strive to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- We may collect your personal information from your use of social media platforms like Facebook or LinkedIn, depending on your privacy settings and the policies of these platforms. To change your settings on these services, please refer to their respective privacy notices.
B. What Non PII Do We Collect?
- We may collect Non-personally identifiable information (Non-PII) such as user agent, referring URL, browser operating system, device type, location, and language preference. While some of this information may become PII when combined with other data, we use it in an anonymous way and aggregated manner that does not personally identify or trace you or your device.
2. Use of Personal Information:
We use personal information we collect through our Sites to contact you, to provide you with information that you have requested, to provide additional information which we believe may be of interest to you, to perform an activity you have requested (such as to register you for an event or to evaluate an application for a job opportunity), to enhance or improve the Sites, for security purposes, or otherwise to operate our business.
- to contact users who have signed up through our Website to provide updates and relevant information about our products and services. If you would no longer wish to receive promotional emails or other communications from us, please refer to the “How you can opt-out from receiving communications from us” Section below;
- to provide users who have signed up through our Website with personalized offers, promotions, news, events and other relevant information;
- to quickly process user requests for information and to allow us to respond efficiently to user questions;
- to monitor Website statistics;
- to respond to or satisfy legal requirements, such as a court order, a subpoena, or a law enforcement agency’s or other public agency’s request;
- to help prevent the instigation of a crime, to help facilitate an investigation related to public safety, to help protect the safety of a child using our Website, to help protect the security or integrity of our Website, or to enable us to take precautions against liability;
- to process user requests for information and respond promptly to user questions.;
- to administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other features; and
- to allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted by law.
3. Sharing of personal information:
Except as set forth below, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties our users’ PII unless we receive their consent. We may share PII with third parties in the following circumstances:
- When authorized by you;
- We may transfer PII to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates;
- Website Consultants and Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to third party service providers (such as providers of hosting, support, maintenance; third party payment processing agencies; reward fulfillment agencies, and remedial and repair services) to the extent that they require access to our databases or the information contained in our databases to service us, and retained to perform services on our behalf. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose the information except as necessary to provide services to us;
- Enforcement of Rights/Security. We reserve the right to release personal information if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- Reorganization or Sale. In connection with the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party;
- To Help Protect Minor Users of Our Website. We may share personally identifiable information (PII) with third parties in order to protect the safety of minor users of our Website. This includes preventing crimes, assisting public safety investigations, ensuring the safety of children using our Website, maintaining the security and integrity of our Website, and taking precautions to avoid liability;
- As Otherwise Allowed by Law. We may transfer personal information to third parties where we are expressly authorized by applicable law to do so;
- We provide services such as blogs, message boards, and chat functionality on our Website where you can post information and materials. It's important to note that any information you disclose through these services or on the Website becomes public and can be accessed by visitors and the general public. When you make a post, certain personal information may be visible to other users. We advise you to be cautious and exercise discretion when sharing personal information or any other information on the Website. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY ANY THIRD PARTY OF ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH ANY SUCH SERVICES OR OTHERWISE ON THE WEBSITE.
4. Storing and processing of information:
Interesting Engineering has its headquarters in the United States. Information we collect about you will be processed in the United States. By using our services, you acknowledge that your personal information will process in the United States. The United States has not sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the GDPR. Pursuant to Article 46 of the GDPR, we are providing for appropriate safeguards by entering binding, standard data protection clauses, enforceable by data subjects in the EEA and the UK. These clauses have been enhanced based on the guidance of the European Data Protection Board and will be updated when the new draft model clauses are approved.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES TREAT YOUR INFORMATION IN A MANNER THAT MAY BE SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT FROM, AND LESS PROTECTIVE THAN, THE TREATMENT REQUIRED UNDER THE LAWS OF OTHER COUNTRIES AND JURISDICTIONS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED TO THE UNITED STATES, YOU SHOULD NOT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH US, OR MAKE USE OF THIS WEBSITE.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW OF THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO REQUIRE US TO TREAT YOUR IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF ANY COUNTRY OR JURISIDICTION OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES. HOWEVER, THE FOREGOING WAIVER MAY NOT BE LEGALLY BINDING IN SOME COUNTRIES, SUCH AS THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION. TO THE EXTENT IT IS NOT LEGALLY BINDING IN THE COUNTRY IN WHICH YOU ARE LOCATED, THIS FOREGOING WAIVER DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU.
5. Communication with Users:
We may use the information we collect to contact you by mail, email and telephone (including automated calls, and by SMS text messages and other multimedia electronic messages such as picture messaging). We will not send you unsolicited premium rate SMS messages (which are SMS messages you pay to receive), although your service provider may impose a charge on any messages that you receive. Please check with your service provider for details.
You can unsubscribe from promotional emails and other commercial communications by following the instructions contained within the communication. Please note that due to marketing production schedules you may receive any messages already in production.
6. Data Retention
Your personal information will not be stored for longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as required under applicable retention policies and/or in accordance with applicable law.
7. Opting Out of Communications:
You can update your subscription preferences by contacting us at [email protected]. We will strive to process your request as soon as possible. Please note that if you opting out of receiving promotional messages will not affect receiving transactional and account-related communications regarding this Website and its offerings.
9. Internet and Other Websites Information
The Internet is a global network and, as a result, information about you may not always be completely secure when transmitted. By using the Website, you acknowledge and authorize us to process information in this manner. While we employ reasonable procedures and security measures to protect your information, providing information over the Internet is done at your own risk. The Website may contain links to third-party websites with separate privacy policies. We are not responsible for the content, activities, or privacy policies of these linked websites but strive to protect the integrity of our Website.
10. Offensive or inappropriate content
If you come across any offensive links on our Website, feel free to inform us. While we will consider requests to remove links, we are not obliged to do so or respond directly. You acknowledge that we haven't reviewed or necessarily endorse the content of linked websites, applications, or services and we are not responsible for their content or actions. Your decision to access or link to other websites, applications, destinations, or services is at your own risk.
11. Registration on our Website
You must be at least the age of majority (usually 18) to register with us. If you are under 18, you may use the Website with parental consent. We do not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 for marketing or promotional purposes. If we discover that you are under the age of majority and have provided personal information, we will remove it from our records after verifying your age.
12. Legal Disclaimer
We are not responsible nor will be liable to you in any way for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee, nor do we represent that our performance will be error free, and to the maximum extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or other loss suffered by you and relating to the use or release of your personal information.
13. Data Protection Officer
Interesting Engineering, headquartered in New York City, United States, has appointed a data protection officer to address any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies and practices. To exercise your privacy rights or inquire about personal data, please contact our data protection officer:
[530 Fifth Avenue, 9th Floor, New York, NY. 10036]
[+1 415 300 4202]
14. Your EU/UK Privacy Rights
To ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws, we have provided information about your rights as a data subject. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at [email protected]. You can request confirmation of the processing of your personal data, access to the data we have about you, or corrections to inaccurate information. You also have the right to request erasure or cessation of processing of your data, and to opt out of direct marketing. If you have concerns, you can lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority. Upon request, we will provide your personal data or transmit it to another controller, when technically feasible. Reasonable access will be provided at no cost, with an explanation if access is denied. For inquiries or complaints about your personal data, please contact our data protection officer at [email protected]. European residents can also contact the European Data Protection Supervisor or their national data protection authority.
15. Your California Privacy Rights
Disclosures about the use of your Personal Information
For users who have registered an account or purchased a subscription offering, in the past twelve months, we have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information to our technology vendors for our business purposes, as defined by the CCPA: (i) Identifiers such as name or email address; and (ii) Other personal information, including credit card information, as described in Cal. Civ. Code Section 1798.80€.
We do not sell user’s' personal information. However, we may disclose personal information to our affiliates, service providers, and third parties authorized by you or your agents for the purpose of providing products or services to you.
To opt out of selling your information to vendors for purposes beyond advertising services, please refer to the "Opt Out of Sale of your Personal Information" section below. Additionally, you can opt out of sharing your information for personalized advertising through the provided web- and app-related opt-outs.
Data Subject Rights:
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information that we have collected about you. Please note that if you have requested a service that requires the use of your personal information, we may not be able to provide that service if you choose to delete your personal information.
Right to Access. You may request that we disclose to you:
- whether we are processing personal information about you;
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- our business purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information;
- the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have sold or shared and the categories of third parties to which we have sold or shared the information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third party to whom we sold or shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of recipients to whom we disclosed the information for a business purpose.
Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we have collected about you.
Right to Appeal. If we decline to take action on a request that you make in accordance with the foregoing to exercise the foregoing privacy rights, then you may appeal our decision by directly responding to our denial decision email or as provided below under “Requests to Exercise Your Rights.”
Requests to Exercise Your Rights.
You may request to exercise these rights by submitting a request by contacting us at cont[email protected] or calling us at +1 415 300 4202.
We may verify your identity before granting access to information or fulfilling your rights request, as required by law. Our response to your rights request may be subject to limitations permitted by applicable law. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights by:
- Denying goods or services to you;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing a different level of quality of goods or services to you; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level of quality goods or services.
Authorized Agent. You can authorize an agent to make a CCPA request on your behalf if they are a natural person or a registered business entity in California. Authorized agents can email [email protected] for instructions. To protect your information, we may verify your identity and require signed permission from you authorizing the agent to submit the request.
Whenever a user agrees to allow us to collect personal information, we provide the user with an option to prevent information from being shared for marketing and promotional purposes with third parties. Furthermore, you may exercise this option at any time by sending an email to [email protected].
16. Contact us
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us at [email protected] with any questions or comments you may have regarding the privacy of your information.