So you are thinking about using a VPN but are not sure why exactly you should use one? Using a VPN makes sense in this era and the current global climate. Privacy is currently the name of the game, and a VPN is a great way to protect yourself while on the internet and alleviate yourself from any potential anxieties.
The internet is now governed by restrictions, surveillance and data retention laws that have exposed our digital life to all sorts of evil. You do not want these problems.
So, what can we do to protect yourself while surfing the web? You may enjoy shopping online for your latest tech gear using encrypted URLs, or maybe you are prefer researching sensitive information while in incognito mode. Nevertheless, unfortunately, these tools are not sufficient.
What we need is a more rigid tool, because when the going gets tough, the tough must get going. To tackle these modern day issues you are going to need the protection of a VPN.
What is a VPN?
So,what is a VPN? A Virtual Private Network, aka VPN, is a tool that gives you the superpower of encryption, which when combined with its anonymity-centric features provides you a powerful mix of security and privacy.
Think of it as obtaining the same powers of Invisible Woman from Marvel’s Fantastic 4. You can scour the web without the unwanted eyes, of attackers, governments or even corporations.
When you browse the Internet via a VPN connection, your internet traffic routes through an encrypted tunnel. Due to the encryption, your internet traffic or data becomes invulnerable to various cyber threats.
However, there’s much more to a virtual private network than meets the eye. Let’s check out some of the top reasons you need a VPN, like PureVPN, in your life.
- Today, the ISP’s job isn’t limited to providing you an internet connection and making sure it is working seamlessly. Now, it is being regulated by the government and, even, compelled to monitor the online activities of its users, i.e., us. VPNs prevent this uninvited surveillance by helping you change your IP. But, it doesn’t stop there. It also encrypts the data, making it impossible for anyone to know what is being browsed, typed or stored.
- Talking about encryption, VPNs make a perfect tool to guard your data against digital threats like identity-theft, malware attack, Wi-Fi hacking attempts, etc. Once all these worries are put to an end, you feel complete peace of mind while paying bills or making transactions online over public Wi-Fis.
- This powerful combination of encryption and anonymity is a must-have for journalists, activists, and whistleblowers. People in these lines of work practice self-censorship to avoid attracting the attention of the oppressive government and the consequences that often result in incarceration. With a VPN-enabled device, they can hide their IP as well as the Internet activities from the government.
- VPN services play a significant role in offering uninterrupted access to their users. Accessibility may not be a thing in some countries such as the US, but it is pretty much everything for countries like China, Iran, etc. The problem of accessibility comes in many forms. For instance, the government or ISP may block specific content or service in the country. Moreover, there is a broadcasting license issue and because of that, we experience content unavailability in the region such as online games or country-specific streaming services. VPNs eliminate all these problems, enabling users to access anything from anywhere anonymously.
- Believe it or not, VPNs can also help you save hundreds of dollars while making online purchases. For instance, you can save money when booking flights with a VPN. Likewise, you can get the same result on an e-commerce store.
Which is the Best VPN? Or Which VPN you Should be Using?
Not every VPN is created equally. So, the question arises, which VPN should you be using? The choice is not as easy as you think as there are countless choices out there. Even when you select the right VPN you need to ensure that the VPN you are using is completely safe and secure, and you can trust its policies.
There are many free and paid VPN options available. However, you need to bear in mind that free VPNs always come with a price and that is the exposure and even abuse of your data.
Free VPNs not only hog up on your data but also sell it to the highest bidder such as a marketing agency, intelligence agency, etc. Therefore, it is better to use a reliable and fast paid VPN service PureVPN that not only has a good following but also positive reviews by top review platforms.
In this modern era, VPNs can help you browse the internet with a new peace of mind. If you are planning to get a VPN to protect your data and surf privately, you should look for a service that has a good number of users backing its reputation, and that offers a pricing plan that matches your needs. In short, if you use the internet, you need the VPN and if you need a really good one get PureVPN.